Get A Complete Checklist For Childcare Cleaning
If you run childcare, it’s your responsibility to ensure the health and safety of the child by cleaning it properly. You need to make a proper schedule of childcare cleaning to maintain cleanliness and hygiene. Childcare gets dirty as it accommodates a large number of children. So, a thorough childcare cleaning is something that is of great importance, and the childcare cleaning checklist helps you with this. You need to frequently clean surfaces, toys, and various other equipment.
Since childcare cleaning needs so many tasks to complete and focus on everything, it becomes challenging to ensure every area is clean properly. So, a comprehensive childcare cleaning checklist helps you organize everything to do cleaning tasks thoroughly. It provides a complete record of all types of cleaning activities.
In this post, we will discuss the best childcare cleaning checklist, which will help you clean your childcare and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
An Overview Of Childcare Cleaning Checklist
1. Daily childcare cleaning checklist
Daily cleaning involves cleaning mainly surface-level. It’s better to go for comprehensive disinfection cleaning and a normal sanitization routine with every cleaning, which you do to get a complete surety that there’s a minimum chance for germ accumulation over some time. Following are some of the common tasks that include daily cleaning.
- Sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming the floor to remove dust, dirt, and debris.
- Focus on the high-traffic areas, including the main entrance, bathroom, play areas, etc.
- Disinfect play equipment, and high-touch surfaces.
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces, including tables, countertops, toys, chairs, etc.
- Clean and disinfect the bathroom several times a day. You can focus on cleaning floors, sinks, toilets, etc.
- Empty garbage and dispose of it properly.
2. Weekly childcare cleaning checklist
Apart from daily cleaning, weekly cleaning is also necessary for your childcare centre. You can focus on the following cleaning task to perform every week.
- You should clean and disinfect toys once every week. Be it plastic or soft toys, you should properly clean them every week. You can use water solution and mild soap to clean toys.
- You can focus on cleaning the windows of your childcare to remove dirt and dust.
- Carpet cleaning is another task that you should do weekly. You can clean the carpet through steam and vacuum cleaning for removing dust and allergens.
- You can clean the walls in your premises every week.
3. Monthly childcare cleaning checklist
Monthly cleaning is also crucial to maintain cleanliness and hygiene in your childcare facility. You can hire a professional cleaning company for monthly cleaning tasks that include the following activity.
- If you have a refrigerator in your childcare facility, you should clean and disinfect it every month to prevent the growth of mould and bacteria.
- Cleaning the air vent is necessary.
- Clean and disinfect outdoor play equipment.
- If you use blinds or curtains on your premises, you should clean them every month to remove dust and allergens.
- Cleaning light fixtures is another crucial task that you should include in your monthly cleaning task.
- You should check all your plumbing and drains to check for any overflows or clogging.
- You can even opt for childcare cleaning services to clean your baseboards, upholstery, toilet areas, windowsills, and many more.
- It’s crucial to polish your floor space.
So, above is a complete childcare cleaning checklist that helps you clean your childcare easily and maintain a good environment. It protects children from getting infected by a disease. Most professional cleaners in Sydney including Multi Cleaning suggest the above checklist for cleaning your childcare.