End Of Lease Cleaning Checklist: Everything You Need To Know
Moving out of a rental property can be a hectic and stressful experience, but it’s crucial to leave the place in pristine condition to ensure the return of your security deposit. To make the process easier and more systematic, using an End of Lease Cleaning Checklist can be incredibly beneficial.
Remember, every rental property may have unique requirements, so be sure to check your lease agreement with your landlord for any specific instructions. Now, let’s dive into the detailed checklist to make your end of lease cleaning a smooth and successful process!
End Of Lease Cleaning Checklist Includes
- Dust and wipe down all surfaces, including baseboards, doors, and windowsills.
- Vacuum and mop all floors including carpets and hard surfaces.
- Clean light fixtures, ceiling fans, and air conditioning vents.
- Remove any cobwebs from corners and ceilings.
- Clean all mirrors and windows.
- Wipe down all blinds and curtains.
- Clean all appliances, including the oven, stovetop, range hood, refrigerator, and dishwasher.
- Clean all cabinets, drawers, and countertops.
- Scrub the sink and clean the taps.
- Clean the exhaust fan and filter.
- Sweep and mop the kitchen floor.
- Clean and disinfect all surfaces, including countertops, sinks, and fixtures.
- Clean the bathtub, shower, and shower glass or curtains.
- Remove soap scum and limescale from tiles and fixtures.
- Clean mirrors and any glass surfaces.
- Sweep and mop the bathroom floor.
- Dust and wipe down all surfaces, including furniture, baseboards, and doors.
- Clean all mirrors and windows.
- Vacuum and clean the carpets.
- Mop the floors.
- Clean the wardrobes, drawers, and shelves.
- Clean any ceiling fans or light fixtures.
- Remove any marks or stains from the walls.
Exterior And Outdoor Areas
- Sweep and clean the entryway, porch, and patio.
- Remove any trash or debris from the outdoor areas.
- Mow and trim the lawn, if applicable.
- Clean the windows and window sills from the outside, if possible.
- Check for areas that need additional cleaning.
- Replace the burnt-out light bulbs.
- Check for damages and make necessary repairs or inform the landlord.
A Comprehensive Guide For Leaving Your Currently Occupied Space
It is normal for tenants or owners to carry out the following tasks while moving out of homes or offices.
- Pack all stuff in boxes with relevant names.
- Move the packed stuff to the new place by hiring professional shifters.
- Performing this cleaning can make you eligible to claim the amount mentioned in the lease/rent.
Create A Cleaning Schedule
Depending on the size of your rental property and the amount of cleaning required, create a realistic cleaning schedule. Allocate sufficient time for each task, and consider spreading the cleaning over a few days if needed.
Professionals can take up to 2 to 4 hours to clean studio apartments. Two professionals can take up to 4 to 6 hours to clean apartments with 3 bedrooms. The same group of two professionals can take a whole day for large house cleaning. Most individuals who have decided to shift places often need to pay more attention to the tasks involved and the time and effort spent in house cleaning.
Empty The Space
End of lease cleaning can be done only when the space is vacated completely. Stuff gets disorganized, and messes occur only when the tenants begin moving out. Also, end of lease cleaning should be done spot-free, and this can be done only when the professionals are free to move about within the space without any restrictions. If furniture or stuff is littered across the space, the professionals may find it challenging to reach every nook and corner and easily access all places. Thus, transport all things to the newly found house/office before initiating end of lease cleaning.
Gather Cleaning Products
Ensure you have all the necessary commercial cleaning products and tools before starting the cleaning process. Common cleaning products include:
- Dust brushes
- Carpet cleaners
- Oven cleaners
- Vacuum cleaners
- Microfibre Cloths
Focus On One Section Of The Space At A Time
Multi Cleaning is the best cleaning company in Sydney offering end-to-end cleaning solutions for homes and offices. Professionals tend to concentrate on one portion of the space at a time. For example, simultaneously cleaning the kitchen and bedroom would create an extra mess.
Choose Our Best End Of Lease Cleaning Checklist
Check out the end of lease cleaning costs before picking a professional service. Some cleaners charge reasonable rates for their services. Search for cleaners online and look into various companies before finalizing cleaners. Multi Cleaning involves addressing various areas of the property to leave it in pristine condition, meeting the expectations of the landlord or property manager and increasing the chances of receiving the full security deposit refund.