Do You Have A Perfect Office Cleaning Checklist To Follow?
An office cleaning checklist is a systematic and organised technique for ensuring that all areas and features of office space are cleaned and maintained regularly. Its primary objective is to identify precise cleaning chores and procedures that must be completed on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly cleaning schedule. This can save you a lot of time, effort, and money because of the quality finish that it offers in a short span.
Office Cleaning Checklist: A Detailed List
Daily Office Cleaning Checklist
- Empty all trash bins and replace liners.
- Vacuum and mop all the floors.
- Clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces, such as doorknobs, light switches, and elevator buttons.
- Wipe down and disinfect office equipment, including keyboards, computer mice, phones, and printers.
- Clean and sanitize restroom surfaces, including toilets, sinks, faucets, and mirrors.
- Wipe down kitchen surfaces, including countertops, sinks, and appliances.
- Empty and clean the refrigerator, if applicable.
- Clean and sanitize the microwave, coffee machine, and any shared kitchen equipment.
- Refill kitchen supplies, such as coffee, tea, and condiments.
- Straighten up common areas, including waiting rooms, reception desks, and lounge areas.
- Ensure that entrance areas are clean and welcoming.
Weekly Office Cleaning Checklist
- Dust and wipe down all surfaces, including desks, shelves, and window sills.
- Vacuum and mop the floors in hard-to-reach areas, such as corners and under furniture.
- Disinfect office phones, headsets, and other communication devices.
- Wipe down and disinfect light switches, doorknobs, and other high-touch surfaces.
- Clean windows and glass doors.
- Clean and disinfect elevator interiors and buttons.
- Empty and clean out the office fridge, if applicable.
- Sterile and disinfect conference room tables, and chairs.
- Deeply clean restroom facilities, including scrubbing toilets, sinks, and floors.
- Dust and clean HVAC vents and air filters.
Monthly Office Cleaning Checklist
- Vacuum and steam clean upholstery and curtains.
- Dust and wipe down baseboards, ducts, and ceiling fans.
- Clean and polish any stainless steel surfaces.
- Clean and disinfect office artwork and decorations.
- Organize and clean storage areas and supply closets.
- Wash exterior windows and window sills.
- Inspect and replace light bulbs as needed.
- Clean and disinfect trash cans and recycling bins.
- Deep clean carpets and rugs.
- Check for any signs of pests and address as necessary.
Yearly Office Cleaning Checklist
- Perform a thorough deep cleaning of all surfaces and areas.
- Steam clean or shampoo carpets and upholstery.
- Clean and condition leather furniture, if applicable.
- Inspect and repair any plumbing issues.
- Re-grouting tiles if necessary.
Deep Office Cleaning Checklist
- Make sure you do it in the after-hours when the traffic of your clients or employees is low.
- The entire end-to-end of your premises should be freed away from dust accumulations first.
- Pick a disinfectant that is green and is globally approved for its efficiencies by bodies like OSHA and CDC.
- Apply your disinfectants to all the places in the right manner.
- Aerosol disinfection has been proven to be effective by global bodies you can give it a try.
- Remove any accumulated stains by wiping or scrubbing as necessary to give your premises a look of a fresh twist.
Here Are Some Of The General Office Cleaning Guidelines
1. Follow A Procedure And Stick To Guidelines
This simple adaptation can take the quality of your cleaning routine a long way forward. Several international bodies like OSHA and CDC have been devising new regulatory protocols every now and then that the cleaners can follow. Bodies like Safe Work Australia also recommends a lot of cleaning itineraries, plan of action, and other recommendations that you can simply adhere to.
This has been especially handy during the pandemic when there was very little knowledge about the effective practices of disinfection cleaning routines. You can also pick your supplies after seeing if they are approved by agencies like EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) or if they carry a DfE label (Design For the Environment).
2. Do It On The Greenway
As a business owner, you need to make conscious decisions that will retain the quality of your cleaning procedure. You should adapt to routines that are sustainable in nature. Pick up supplies that are completely organic and eco-friendly in nature. Commercial cleaning will bring all the supplies and equipment that your cleaning procedure needs.
But beware, there are a lot of knock-off products that you should steer away from if you want to do your routine right. Always look for one or the other product recognition like EPA approval or a DfE label.
3. Hire Professional Help When You Need It
As a business owner, office cleaning might be the least of all focus for you. But it is mandatory that you maintain your premises to remain crisp in nature from corner to corner. This will garner an excellent first impression for your brand while also ensuring that your employees are surrounded by the most productive space ever.
When You Hire Multi Cleaning, You Opt For:
1. Affordable Packages
All our cleaning services in Sydney are priced at an affordable range while also completely justifying your cleaning investment. The quotations that we present to you will be curated according to your expectations and what your premises demand to make them more relevant for you. You are only going to pay for what you exact avail of us.
2. Unmatched Experience
We are a cleaning company that has been doing this for over ten years now, and we can offer you everything that you’re looking for. All our cleaners come from diverse niches, and they’ll together bring their experience to give you the best solutions for all your demands.
As we proceed with your cleaning procedure, if you have any add-on elements that you need us to work on, we’ll already be prepared and will just do it for you quickly.
3. Comprehensive Insurance Coverage
Cleaning mishaps are not so uncommon. It can shatter your operational costs by adding a considerable sum that you need to spend on repairs and replacements. At Multi Cleaning, we offer comprehensive third-party liability coverage and workers’ compensation schemes to make the entire process seamless for you.
Embrace the power of a thoughtfully designed office cleaning checklist to simplify your cleaning routine, create a healthier workspace, and promote a positive and inviting atmosphere for all. Talk to our cleaners in Sydney at Multi Cleaning today and have a look at the office cleaning checklist that we present you with.